ANNOUNCEMENT – JOB VACANCY
Job Title: Project Coordinator
No. of positions: 1
Location: Male’, Maldives with occasional travel
Start Date: Immediate
Job posting date: 4 June 2023
Remuneration: MVR 17,710/-(take-home)
Closing date: 13 June 2023 before 4:00pm (Male’ Time)
Duration of Contract: Initial fixed-term contract of 6 months with the possibility of extension
- Organizational Background
Transparency Maldives (TM) is a non-political organization that endeavours to be a constructive force in society by promoting collaboration and discussion on corruption, transparency and accountability. Our organization seeks to engage with stakeholders from all sectors (government, business, politics and civil society, among others) to raise awareness of corruption’s detrimental effects on development and society, improve transparency and accountability in governance, and eliminate corruption from the daily lives of people. TM received formal government registration in 2007 and is the National Chapter of Transparency International (TI) in the Maldives.
- Position Summary
The Project Coordinator will be a core member of the project team, responsible for formulating, implementing, and managing programs and projects of TM. This project will focus mainly on activities geared towards improving the transparency and accountability of State-Owned Enterprises’ (SOE) management and governance. Key project activities include raising awareness surrounding effective business integrity practices, conducting SOE governance and compliance evaluations, conducting advocacy and awareness campaigns. The ‘Project Coordinator’ will report to the Governance Manager/Senior Project Coordinator and will work closely with relevant teams to execute project activities. This This position is open to Maldivian locals only.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Management & Implementation
- Under guidance from the Governance Manager/Senior Project Coordinator, coordinate overall implementation of the project activities and ensure that activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Support in implementing the overall framework and monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving project outputs.
- Assist and coordinate with the project team in conducting research and analysis of State-Owned Enterprises’ (SOEs) within the Maldivian
- Organize and coordinate stakeholder meetings to share required information and support in structuring advocacy campaigns.
- Support and coordinate advocacy campaigns targeted towards state institutes and SOEs.
- Support and coordinate all public awareness campaigns under the project including social media campaigns and advocacy and awareness raising sessions.
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and advise/recommend tools and strategies to increase project performance and output.
- Support the team with drafting and submitting progress reports to donors in a timely manner.
- Support in undertaking monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Participate in activity planning and budgeting and monitor budget utilization for specific activities.
- Assist in reporting on program implementation and budget utilization to donors and management.
- Assist the Program Manager/Senior Program Coordinator in communicating and coordinating with donors on revisions/changes to activities, timelines and other implementation tasks and scope of the project.
- Contribute to development of TM’s operational policies and procedures.
- Contribute to conception, setting-up, implementation, and evaluation of other projects.
- Support other project teams in implementation and delivery, if and where required.
- Travel to islands, if and when required, to conduct workshops or events.
- Participate in domestic and international events/seminars if and when required.
- Provide leave cover for project/management staff as and when necessary.
- Supporting the TM fundraising efforts as and when required.
- Any other related tasks as assigned by relevant manager and the Executive
- As an employee of TM, adhere to TM’s Code of Conduct and all HR policies.
- Adhere to TM’s procurement and financial policies in all project implementation.
- Work in accordance with confidentiality rules practiced at TM.
- Key Attributes
- Diploma in economics, business administration, public administration, financial management with 3 years experience in a related field OR,
- Bachelor's Degree in economics, business administration, public administration, financial management with 1year experience in a related
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Dhivehi and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a strong ability to collaborate with a
- Highly organized and good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to handle confidential
- Strong commitment to Transparency Maldives’ and Transparency International’s values and
- Bachelor's Degree in economics, business administration, public administration, financial management with over 3 years work experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of donor agencies and working with non-governmental organizations.
- Understanding and knowledge on emerging social issues and local context including social violence, social cohesion, community resilience and
- Good knowledge of gender mainstreaming concepts, tools and
- Good knowledge of political context and human rights issues in the
- Understanding and knowledge on business integrity, SOE management and governance.
- Familiar with social media
- Closing date for applications: 13 June 2023 before 4pm (Male’ time)
- Application and selection procedures:
Please e-mail the following documents, addressed to Executive Director, to [email protected].
- All documents must be emailed in pdf format.
- Completed job application form (can be downloaded from TM website https://transparency.mv/v16/job-application-form/)
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Education (Diploma or Bachelor’s degree). (If certificate is not available, course completion letter from University/College/Institution or transcript can be attached instead)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Transparency Maldives is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we do not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, colour or ethnic background, religious belief, sex, gender identity and expression, marital or family status, age or ability. We kindly ask applicants to refrain from including in their application information relating to the above as well as from attaching photos.