The Night Auditor has the main responsibility to verify and to balance entries as well as records of financial transactions reported by various hotel departments.
He is responsible for the preparation and disposition of all Night Audit Work as well as Front Office functions during the night.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to the following areas and activities:
- Must be familiar with accounts procedures.
- Apply and ensure the proper application of standards and procedures set by the company and those resulting from the Hotel Accounts Policy.
- Apply and ensure proper application of procedures and regulations concerning the night audit.
- Make suggestions to the Chief Accountant so as to improve the revenue collection at point of sales and reception.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relation.
- Ensure that all new arrivals in the hotel (Check In) have been entered correctly in the Front Office system and that the correct rates have been applied.
- Ensure that vouchers from Tour Operators are available with the correct amount.
- Ensure that any departure from the hotel (Check Out) has been cleared from the Front Office System correctly and that all guests’ extras have been paid either in cash or by credit card.
- Ensure that all credit sales have been transferred to the correct Tour Operators.
- Whenever the night auditor finds any difference/anomalies, a written report has to be submitted to the Front Office Manager.
- Ensure that all point of sales has been closed and that all daily summary transactions have been printed out. Record any discount given by the different outlets.
- Ensure all ash sales and credit card sales are recorded on a daily summary sheet and are in compliance with the Front Office system.
- Ensure that the batch analysis from the different banks agree to the credit card payments on the reception summary.
- Ensure that all print outs for the Accounts department are done before change of date.
- Ensure that all changes in date are done correctly, i.e., business date, point of sales date, audit date and telephone date.
- Be familiar with changes in trends.
- Ensure that room rates are changed accordingly to changes of low and high seasons.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management