Ghiyasuddin International School (GIS) is a co-educational school catering to children between the ages of 6 and 16 years.
Our preparatory year as an international school began on a good note with a number of promising students and dedicated staff.
As the Government of Maldives opened avenues for private schools to flourish under the new Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative, The Shri Ram Schools in India entered the picture to share the teaching learning experience of their established and successful educational institutes, providing an international arena.
Ghiyasuddin School (GS) now known as GIS, previously a government school opened in 1999, comprises 36 classrooms, a Science lab, an AV Room, a music room, a library, and a computer room. It also has a large multipurpose hall, and a school compound that can cater to a wide range of sports and physical education activities.
The philosophy of the school is to form a partnership between home, school and the community, as we believe education to be a three-way process, which can only be successful with support for the child from these three critical stakeholders in the child’s growth to responsible adulthood.
Our aim is to provide an environment conducive to learning where all the children can develop knowledge, skills and values through a child – centric curriculum that encompasses opportunities for cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth.
An outstanding institution for its excellence, innovation, inclusivity and leadership.
We strive to fashion the GIS family, in an inclusive environment, with the knowledge, skills and high moral values to shoulder the responsibilities of exemplary and proactive citizens who are well balanced in a world of constant change
Our core values are:
• to the environment
• to special education needs
• to the community
• to our own and other cultures
• In all actions and deeds
Pursuit of Excellence:
• Students and teachers are encouraged to excel in any area of their ability. Competition is encouraged, but with a difference. Every student is encouraged to compete with himself or herself to do the best that he or she can do.
Pride in one’s Heritage:
• Wherever in the world one might go, it is important to remember where one has come from. The school believes that it is important for students to know and appreciate their country and take pride in its achievements
• Respectful and observant about traditions
• To be ambassadors for the country wherever their life’s journey takes them