Responsible for repairs and overhauls inboard outboard and automobiles engines in Powerhouse.
- Inspects defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions, using test instruments, such as motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspects and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
- Disassembles and overhauls internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches and rear ends.
- Reads job orders and observes and listens to operating equipment to ensure conformance to specifications or to determine malfunctions.
- Attaches test instruments to equipment and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Adjusts brakes, aligns wheels, tightens bolts and screws and reassembles equipment.
- Changes oil, checks batteries, repairs tires and tubes and lubricates equipment and machinery.
- Operates valve-grinding machine to grind and reset valves.
- Examines and adjusts protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices.
- Monitoring and controlling departmental budget and goals on an ongoing
- Inspects all the Boat Repair and Maintenance work shop related areas regular basis to ensure the workshop and equipment are clean and in good repair, well maintained and replaced as required and make recommendations to HOD as appropriate.
- Certificate Level III or equivalent qualification.
- O/L or A/L
- Valid Police report
- National ID Card
- Current/Previous employment Service letters
Field of work
Electrical engineering, Electrical technology, Engine maintenance, Engine repair and maintenance, Mechanical engineering, Technical Skills
Field of work
Minimum years of experience
- Accommodation (Sharing basis) and food
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recreational and sports
- Annual Leave, Public Holidays