This program will help Apprentices to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to tackle the day-to-day maintenance requests of a home or business that you may own, rent or supervise.
Over the duration of the course Apprentices will gain skills in:
- The safe use of general hand and power tools
- Using tools and sharpening
- General timber joints and fixings
- Fit skirting and architraves
- Door repairs
- Fitting door locks, door handles and door latches
- General plaster board repairs
- Solid plastering repairs
- Wall and floor tiling (tiling a floor and wall)
The course will also provide knowledge on work health and safety requirements.
The World Bank COVID-19 Income Support Project was initiated to assist individuals whose employment was impacted by the pandemic.
100% Government Funded
A stipend of MVR 6,000 will be paid monthly for the entire duration of the apprenticeship program.